pages

True Blood Glamour Fashion

Friday, May 27, 2011

True Blood has fans clinging on in suspense with their fangs out to see who‟Will get “glamoured‟ next and what costume they‟Will be draped in in their moment of surrender.


The cast just seems to get hotter and hotter while obsession with vampires continues to grow. Fans are engrossed in their favorite characters while watching Anna Paquin pull-off her sexy waitress get-up just the same as her Barbie doll inspired dresses.


If you‟ve wondered who comes up with the wide-range of fashion statements on the show, it‟s none-other than costume designer Audrey Fisher; a woman who‟s notoriety has been gained by blending authenticity with sex: whether it‟s the Civil War or a Viking inspired „bersker‟, Audrey brings back 20s and 30s glamour just the same as armour from mythical times.


The show has been a hit for 3 seasons now, and Audrey continues to be amazed by the attention she‟s received from fashion circuits that hail her ability to capture emotion through style. There is no doubt that the authentic nature of the characters is what we like to see, and the fact that the clothes reflect this authenticity is uncompromising.


In her interview with Hollywood Crush, Audrey reveals her musings as the show‟s costume designer and speaks about her inspirations for the pieces: “From a very young age, I was always making costumes for myself, my friends and my family. My path to costume design, however, was roundabout. In college, I had actually started toward a career in the literary department of theater studies but in my extremely academic graduate program I found I was still making costumes in my spare time. It was all connected: I was interested in the way costumes could tell stories. Based on some hats I was making for an art class, a director asked me to design the costumes for her production of “Medea” at a downtown theater. That‟s when costumes became my professional passion, with that first off-off-off broadway show.”


Whoever you pick as your drug of choice in the sex-appeal department – Sookie Stackhouse, Eric Northam or Bill Compton, Audrey‟s ability to capture the authenticity of each character through costume choice is what‟s hitting the nail on the coffin for the show‟s success (so to speak).


Designers like Audrey Fisher remind us how close fashion is to our sense of self, but we recommend you steal yours from her show.

Source:www.italianshoemagazine.com 
 
She Shopping Point | by TNB ©2010